Title: Yardi Administrator
Duration: Direct Hire or 6 Month CTH
Job Description: Provide application maintenance, support and direction for the Yardi software system. Provide application training on standard processes for staff. Create and maintain documentation used for training and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS Application Support
• Maintain Yardi Systems to support property management, finance and accounting, compliance, and reporting.
• Complete the set-up of acquired and new properties into the system.
• Working knowledge of affordable property operations.
• Troubleshoot and correct advanced application technical issues.
• Research and test new software versions, service packs, plug ins, and customizations.
• Implement upgrades to application system in conformity to the IT governance protocols.
• Acts as an essential contributor to create project plans, propose and implement new software solutions, and to maintain and track approved projects.
• Engages key stakeholders within the organization to implement new Yardi related software solutions and key updates for system changes.
• Ensures database aligns with data governance policies and procedures. Application Training
• Formulates teaching outline, determines instructional methods, and conducts training sessions. Instructional methods may include: individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, workshops and brown bag sessions.
• Provide primary application and procedural for new employees.
• Provide follow up and on-going application and procedural training for employees.
• Communicate procedural changes to staff due to system upgrades.
• Organize quarterly meetings for staff to review procedure and Q & A. Supervisory/Leadership
• Provides direction to staff regarding standing/employee issues and consults with Human Resources as needed to resolve.
• Hires, trains, and mentors Yardi Specialists and Ledger Specialists in all aspects of systems operation.
• Provide staff with direction to achieve performance goals.
• Assures staff received updated training regularly to ensure proficiency.
• Holds staff meetings to discuss operating issues, provide insight for problem solving and Motivation. Documentation
• Writes and develops training materials such as training handbooks, instructional material, demonstration models, multimedia Visual aids and reference works.
• Develops, writes, and coordinates training manuals for staff.
• Document Yardi related information due to application changes and procedures. Maintain high level of communication with Director of Applications, CIO and CBC Yardi System Users • Communicate the status of issues and repairs in a timely manner.
• Communicate any down time to appropriate people as soon as possible.
• Update the Director of Applications and Yardi Staff on the status of ongoing issues.
• Communicate software and procedural changes to system users.
• Deploy department related continuous improvement efforts to ensure effective and efficient work procedures.
• Interacts with Management regarding developmental training of specific employees.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
• Experience in Managing a Remote Team
• Minimum of 5 years of project-based section 8 (50059) and tax credit subsidy programs.
• An understanding of affordable housing compliance and the related procedures within Yardi Voyager.
• Minimum of 5 years of advanced Yardi systems experience (admin or super user).
• Proficient in both written and oral communication.
• Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees. Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
• Experience developing procedural manuals.
• Ability and wiliness to work occasional evenings and weekend.
• Demonstrate experience working with a diverse population.
• Software experience:
• Voyager 7S • PayScan • Aspire • Orion • RentCAFE • VendorCAFE • RightSource • SQL report writing • YSR report writing • Yardi ETL functionality • MS Project or similar project tracking tool
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.