Title: Technical Support Specialist III
Duration: 6 Month CTH
The Tier 3 Technician team is responsible for handling technical escalations for the product suites provided and/or supported by Provision. This role acts as subject matter experts on a variety of proprietary and retail database, application, system administration, networking, alarm, and installation solutions.
- Provide support for multiple database, web-based platforms, and proprietary software systems across Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac platforms
- Utilize several different tools to identify, replicate, and troubleshoot incidents to track and resolve root causes.
- Search, Analyze, and modify SQL database info to resolve minor data related issues.
- Report bugs, database problems, and other issues to developers and escalation paths with the appropriate supporting documentation.
- Provide remote configuration and troubleshooting escalations for a variety of End-User focused products including proprietary software, networks, access control, audio/video, alarm, and other technologies.
- Participate in regular creation of training and troubleshooting documentation to assist same-tier and lower-tier technicians.
- Assist in executing training of other technicians as needed.
- Provide remote assistance to on-site technicians with the installation of the entire technology suite provided to over 5,000 different franchise locations across 39 countries
- Troubleshoot installation of routers, switches, cat5e infrastructure, rj45a and keystone jacks, CCTV Cameras, alarm systems, and other
- Assist in the training of international security vendors as requested.
- Become subject matter experts in all deployed technologies, both current and legacy
- Address escalated tickets and assist other support tiers
- Maintain accurate and extensive ticketing notes for issue review and training purposes.
- Frequent interactions with developers, product owners, and product experts.
- Collaborate with multiple support team members, including Technical Support, Retail Technology Engineering, Platform Developers, Information Assurance, and others.
- Relay any noticed product or service trends to leadership with appropriate documentation and evidence to ensure adequate information to work toward resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Superior data gathering and analytical skills
- Ability to learn and master technologies quickly
- Strong written communication
- Experience using SQL
- Experience interacting with an API
- 2-4+ years of technology support experience
- Net+, CCNA, or other technology certifications preferred
- Low-voltage support and/or installation experience preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.