Title: Sr. Software Engineer – ETL Informatica – Core/Operational Excellence
Duration: 11-Month Assignment
Work Location: Hybrid/Remote
This position is responsible for designing, delivering, supporting, and maintaining data integration solutions—primarily using Informatica PowerCenter. Design, develop, implement, test, analyze, and support data integration software applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Analyze and debug quickly and accurately and provide status reports where required. It may require after-hours support.
• Collaborate with project leads, business analysts, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, implement, and test software applications.
• Collaborate with other engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new data integration programs and applications.
• Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for various projects.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
• Research, finalize, consult, and document business, functional, and technical requirements.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Perform Production Support on a rotation basis
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, increasing performance through SQL tuning, and general debugging.
• Perform a critical analysis of QA results and deliver updates to ensure excellent data quality.
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of the company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
• Collaborate and lead other members of the IT department to assist in resolving problems associated with integrating Informatica with schedulers, databases, file transport protocols, and external trading partners.
• Create Automic (UC4) jobs and schedule them per the requirements of each project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Seven years of experience designing and building enterprise integration solutions using Informatica PowerCenter.
• Experience developing ETL design guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure a manageable and low support-footprint ETL infrastructure and architecture.
• Provide analysis and design reviews with development peers to avoid duplication and inefficiency.
• Experience mentoring other ETL developers.
• Two years working on Agile teams.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.