Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN – Hybrid
COVID vaccine is required due to essential functions of this role. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disability related or religious reasons can be discussed post offer of employment.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, supporting and enhancing all enterprise networking and telephony systems. Assists IT leadership in meeting Service Level Agreements and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Provide primary support for mission critical systems and services, including:
- Cisco switching equipment (ASA, FTD, switches, routers)
- Cisco wireless including Meraki
- Cisco Nexus equipment
- Cisco VPN
- Design, plan, and implement network equipment refresh and upgrades
- Conduct network architecture design and make recommendations based on cost and feasibility
- Maintain currency with emerging technologies and recommend strategic communications initiatives
- Troubleshoot complex network issues involving various factors
- Perform perimeter monitoring, verify integrity and availability of all network systems
- Create and maintain documentation of all configuration information
- Assure configurations are backed up and that restores are working properly
- Perform patch maintenance during time windows as required to maintain system uptime to users
- Secures network by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access
- Ability to work off-hours for change implementation is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Managing Information Systems or related field of study is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience beyond the minimum requirement may be substituted for qualification requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cisco networking or Cisco Nexus work experience in a medium or large enterprise is required
- First-hand experience with AWS or Azure is required
- Virtualization experience with VMWare is required
- General systems administration, AD, DHCP, DNS
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Cisco CCNA/CCDA is required
- Network administration in a hybrid datacenter/cloud environment is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Ability to handle confidential information is required
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Ability to work on projects under only general supervision is required
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.