Job Title: Senior Developer – E-Commerce
Location: Eden Prairie / Remote
The Senior Developer is both a consultative and tactical role within the IT product development team that develops, maintains, and enhances diverse software systems based upon documented requirements and our agile lifecycle development practices.
As a tactician, the Senior Developer will be working within a software delivery team to produce business value using software delivery frameworks that can include full-stack development within one or more of the following: single-page web application frameworks, web CMS systems, web services, databases, and/or various 3rd party solutions that integrate with that provide Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) functions.
As a consultant, the Senior Developer owns the “How?” portion of the solution delivery by working with the product owner, other development team members, and business stakeholders to help identify and describe one or more methods to approach a business problem and drive measurable business outcomes using a variety of tools at their disposal which includes technology, data, and business process. This leader speaks in terms of “right angles” (e.g., “Yes,” “No,” “I don’t know”) and mentor’s the people around them to do the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent post-secondary education
- 7+ years or equivalent experience delivering full-stack web applications on public-facing e-commerce sites integrated with enterprise business systems such as PIM, ERP, and CRM.
- At least 3+ years in a lead role responsible for mentoring and merging code from other developers and owning CI/CD release management practices.
- Experience with software development tools such as Jira, Git, and Jenkins.
- Experience with web technologies such as Angular, React, .NET, MySQL, and ElasticSearch.
- Experience with platforms such as Oracle EBS, Salesforce, Digital Asset Management Systems, Payment Gateways, Geolocation Services, Notification / Messaging Systems, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with architects and product owners to implement technology solutions in the domains of e-commerce. Experience creating software technical design and executing software development with enterprise web platforms, including Front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.), Web Services (REST APIs), ERP services (Oracle EBS Trade Architecture, Advanced Pricing, Inventory, Fulfillment, Financials, etc.), and CRM services (Account, Lead, Opportunity, Quote, etc.) are essential.
- Own the solution delivery domain by working closely with our Architects and Product Owners to translate solution design and requirements into technical designs that will accompany the user stories for the team to execute.
- Delivering quality software solutions according to system functional specifications by applying patterns, best practices, and industry standards. Document these requirements using visual and written methodologies that provide the development team technical context to the work items they deliver.
- Practical experience delivering websites and single-page applications that use React is highly desirable.
- Develop solutions for e-commerce sites that extensively use asynchronous messaging via microservices, Kafka, and cloud-to-on-premises data transactions to transact on data in real-time between user experience and systems of record such as Oracle EBS.
- Develop solutions for e-commerce sites that support our B2B transaction types, including features needed for ordering manufactured products vs. features needed for ordering discrete fabricated products vs. features needed for generating estimates and quotes before ordering.
- Develop solutions for e-commerce sites that support integrations with key 3rd party systems to support specific functionalities such as payments (e.g., Braintree), shipping costs (e.g., UPS), location services (e.g., Melissa Data), product information (e.g., Widen), SMS texting (e.g., Amazon SNS), discount codes (e.g., Voucherify) and any other systems we may choose to integrate in the future to support the user experience needs.
- Lead in the merge request/code review process for the development team.
- Lead in our websites’ overall development and delivery lifecycle and integrated components in the digital marketing ecosystem through software development, junior developer team coaching and mentoring, code review, and managing releases using CI/CD deployment.
- Strong ability to anticipate and communicate potential problems during solution delivery through written, visual, and verbal communications.
- Ability to grow knowledge on a topic with minimal direction given
- Manage the continuous integration pipeline and work with the product owner to stage and deploy releases to production when user acceptance testing has been completed.
- Significant experience with code coverage maintenance and validation through unit testing
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with product owners, other development team members, and business stakeholders to ask thoughtful questions, provide status updates, or request assistance if barriers to delivery exist.
- Be available to provide mentorship and collaborate with other development team members on any questions, concerns, or issues they raise about work items they are delivering.
- Troubleshoot and triage production issues with other teams as needed when incidents are reported.
- Be comfortable operating alongside on-site and distributed delivery teams through a variety of collaboration and communication mechanisms, including remote meeting services, online documentation, platforms, and agile lifecycle management tools for defining and tracking the delivery of business requirements.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.