Sr BI Developer
Golden Valley, MN
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will build, maintain and improve upon the data warehouse tables, reporting tools and processes of the organizations. The BI Developer will analyze common data use cases and the tables of the organization’s major software applications to establish data sources (warehouse tables) for ease of use in the generation of reports. This position will work with Microsoft SQL Server, HelpSystems Automate and Tableau for managing data sources, the overall system administration and develop requested queries on behalf of assigned departments and will provide support to users of the data and Tableau report creators. Primary data sources being worked on are EMR related, specifically Allscripts Touchworks and Allscripts Practice Management.
• Use MS SQL to establish databases and associated tables to streamline reporting for oneself and Tableau creators.
• Create processes and SQL scripts to provide accurate consistent data sources
• Manage and maintain the Tableau environments
• Assist in supporting the SQL environment that provides the data for reporting
• Act as a resource to staff in other departments who use or create reports in Tableau
• Learn the general operational practices of various clinics and surgery centers to provide the data they need to assist with quality of care and financial operations.
• Work with individuals from the supported organizations to learn how their data is stored and the best ways to display it
• Become an expert on the data schema and operational workflows for scheduling, billing and electronic records
• Assist with projects to improve the data integrity, speed and quality
• Use MS SQL and Tableau to build new reports at the request of managers, directors, and executives in the business center, clinics and surgery centers
• Maintain and improve upon existing reports within Tableau; redesign when necessary
• Assist other IT staff with enhancements or changes to major software systems, including major integration projects as needed
• Occasionally participate in community functions relating to outreach events throughout the year
• Minimum of 7 years of work in data analytics, preferably in a medical clinic or healthcare setting.
• Strong analytical and technical skills. Highly proficient with data manipulation
• Ability to translate business processes, workflows, and user requirements into technical descriptions and requirements
• Ability to learn the organization’s operational software applications from an end users perspective and to interpret the associated system database tables
• Experience with Tableau and Microsoft SQL Server as well as SSIS package development
• Experience with HelpSystems Automate or another RPA tool
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
• Complete job required training.
• Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
• Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
• Travel to other work locations when needed to meet with management and leads in discovery work for data requests.
• Travel independently throughout the clinic, office or surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
• Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
• Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
• Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
• Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Understand and execute a variety of instructions
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Software development experience is preferred
• Experience with EMR and Practice Management systems
Performance Expectations Core Values:
• Integrity – Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
• Service – Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
• Quality – Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
• Innovation – Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
• Teamwork – Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
• Office and clinic setting
• Options for hybrid and remote working conditions
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.