Title: Senior Support Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract or Direct Hire
Location: This is a hybrid position. Candidates must be located in Minneapolis, MN; Wichita, KS; Garden City, KS or Sterling, KS.
The Senior Support Engineer is responsible for the successful execution of the company’s business objectives by serving as the point of escalation for technical issues and providing effective leadership and mentorship to operations team members. Leverage strong client relationships and established processes and procedures to carry out business-critical mission of delivering outstanding customer service. Your advanced technical troubleshooting, interpersonal and communication skills will ensure your success This position reports to the Director of Service Delivery.
- Ability to confirm the validity of escalated issues, seek known solutions, further problem-solve, and escalate to Tier 3 when necessary, all with an awareness of organizational efficiency
- Develop and improve defined, documented & executed processes and procedures
- Train and mentor other engineers
- Inter-departmental communication and seamless cooperation
- Thorough understanding of the client’s business and strategies and the ability to plan for future needs and requirements
- Willingness to work flexible hours and participate in on-call rotation when necessary to achieve client and team goals
- Create complete and concise documentation of all activities, configuration settings or modifications, and client interactions in the PSA system
- Dedication to personal growth and achievement and desire to improve job knowledge by taking advantage of available training resources and reading professional publications
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the service offerings of the organization
- Ensure that risks are identified, communicated and mitigated
- Advanced technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Priority and escalation management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sound decision-making skills
- Technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Passion for helping clients – “do what it takes” attitude
- Capable of managing multiple projects and issues with differing timelines and deliverables, staying calm in stressful situations
- Ability to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction
- Adept at managing the process of implementing change efficiently and effectively
- Strong moral character
Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in IT, Information Systems, Network Administration, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.