The Senior IT Business Analyst role is the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. The Sr. Business Analyst is accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured and may participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals. This specific position will be the IT Service Management Process Owner for Configuration Management.
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address the requirements.
- Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements).
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
- Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the IT organization and manage all changes to the source documents.
- Ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to business and user requirements.
- Complete project work objects and deliverables.
- Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables. Assist with the development of the testing strategy – plan thorough requirements testing.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
- Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
- Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project.
- Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
Leverage technical knowledge & business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
- Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture.
- Prepare estimates of Business System Analyst work efforts for assigned projects.
Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques.
- Proactively mentor others in the business analyst practitioner community.
- ServiceNow application experience and maintaining a CMDB experience a must.
Education: Minimum Qualifications to Fulfill Job Responsibilities:
- Education Bachelor s degree or Associate degree with 3 years of related work experience
- Experience 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- 5+ years functional experience defining, managing, and improving IT Service Management and ITIL processes 3+ years experience with ITSM platforms (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities. Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience owning and managing one or more ITIL/ITSM processes: Incident, Change, Problem, Release, Asset, Configuration, Knowledge, Portfolio, Project, etc For this position, Expertise specifically in Configuration Management is required
- License/Certification/Registration Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certified (v3 or v4)
- Education Bachelor s degree in a technical/healthcare field
- Experience Experience with process improvement workshops and initiatives Experience with Key Performance Indicators (KPI) development and management
- Experience automating business processes Experience within the Healthcare Industry
Experience working within a defined development life cycle methodology
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases Experience with business process modeling. Experience supporting healthcare applications.
- License/Certification/Registration CBAP certification Advanced ITIL certifications (e.g. v3 or v4) particualary ITIL Practitioner
- Configuration Mangement or ITIL Intermediate Service Transition
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.