Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Duration: approved through the end of 2023, however it may be considered for extension.
Location: MN Preferred, WI considered
Work Arrangement: Occasional onsite for applicable heads-up work
The Senior Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining applications using a variety of technologies that support multiple lines of Business and IT initiatives. This individual may work independently or collaborate with a smaller group of developers in similar efforts. This position is responsible for technical analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of IT solutions as needed by business or IT. The senior developer works closely with other subject matter experts and works on delivering technology including ETL / ELT, batch processing using Informatica to support a multitude of data warehouse and its downstream.
They are responsible for developing and maintaining applications using a variety of technologies like Informatica, shell scripting, SQL and ETL to support multiple lines of Business and IT initiatives.
This position is responsible for technical analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of IT solutions / Data warehouse solutions to support business, and will play a critical role in migrating the data warehouse (IDM, ADM) into Snowflake environment.
They are required to accurately track work time based on project and/or daily work activities according to Finance department guidelines
This position combines the role of data analyst, developer, consultant, troubleshooter, extract, transform and load (ETL).
- Comprehend and analyze business requirements specific to Analytics Data Mart (ADM)
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise across Data warehouse (Presentation, Business Logic, Application Integration, and Data tiers) especially for IDM (Integrated Data Mart), ADM (Analytics Data Mart)
- Creates technical and design documents both independently and in close collaboration with Data Architecture team to meet business and IT requirements for the Data warehouse.
- Translate requirements into Functional and Technical Specifications for Common Information Model (CIM) and other Data warehouses.
- Ensure technical specifications meet Analytics requirements and desired outcomes while mitigating security, vulnerabilities, and risk measures.
- Identify repeatable patterns of ETL code and make it reusable and efficient.
- Involve in data analysis and contribute to data design.
Development, Testing, and Deployment (50%)
- Responsibility for technical documentation and content as required by SDLC.
- Research, propose and implement development best practices. Propose and justify changes and enhancements to existing technologies like Informatica.
- Supporting the Datawarehouse (IDM, ADM) and slowly transition to new warehouse i.e. CIM.
- Shift the development from Informatica to Snowflake environment to perform the ETL.
- Conduct code reviews for completed work.
- Create robust applications and services through testing and validations.
- Expected to meet deadlines and milestones to meet project objectives while maintaining quality.
- Ensure that testing meets all security standards and eliminates any vulnerability appropriately.
- Perform integration testing and system testing to ensure that individual modules are combined and tested as a group with desired outcomes
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution for defects and incidents. Advocate and help with advanced testing in support of the snowflake environment to manage the cost.
- Assist in the deployment of applications to QA and Production environments based on release schedules. Create Deployment Plans, Deployment Scripts, Code Merges, and Source Control configuration.
- Evolve deployment processes and tools to keep abreast with industry best practices.
Demonstrate inter-departmental communications and teamwork efforts related to the development of, access to, and use of Health Plans Group data. (10%)
- Develop relationships within and outside of IT, Business and partners that will prove to be effective in providing necessary data and metadata for customers.
- Partner effectively with Data Architects, Business Analysts, ETL developers, PMO and other IT groups.
- Partner with the snowflake environment specific team member to perform the snowflake migration.
- Practice and advocate data governance policies and standards as defined by the data architects, leads and management.
- Support and maintain Service Level Agreements established by IT to meet maintenance contracts for all software systems and services. This includes fixing production defects and providing Level 3 support to the service desk.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Major: BS in Computer Science or related field a plus
Years of experience required: 5-8 years of experience in data warehouse environment and building ETL solutions using Informatica & Oracle etc, as well as knowledge on Snowflake & cloud environment.
Specific types of experience required:
- Proficiency in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL is required. (5-8 years)
- Experience in healthcare environment (5-8 years)
- ETL (SAS) experience (5-8 years)
- Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing methodology is required (5-8 years preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience with Snowflake will be required for 1 of the 2 openings
- Strong data analysis skills
- The candidate has to be very analytical and strong data analysis skills are required.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.