Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Work closely with the Business SMEs to develop and write requirements, develop and groom backlog, work with the Development team to present requirements, perform software UAT and regression testing, and investigate bugs and defects.
% of Total Job Duty or Area of Responsibility
40% Business Analysis (Product)
• Works with the business team to obtain, write and refine feature requirements for the product
• Take the lead on all user interface / user experience (UI/UX) initiatives by engaging with business and UX designer for mock ups, stories, testing
• Works with the product team / development leads to create user stories, acceptance criteria
• Engages and coordinates with UI/UX team to generate designs / mock ups as needed.
• Engages/Supports the Architects / Leads to outline workflows, data model requirements and relevant services.
• Present final requirements to developers
• Support the Digital Ag and Digital Dairy Platform initiatives
20% Testing –
• Coordinate with other BA’s to engage in the quality assurance of new features (Products) developed by the Development team
• Owns and Executes test scripts, test plan, UAT
20% Product Support –
• Act as level 3 support for investigation of bugs and defects in the production environment
• Log tickets into Azure DevOps, Service-now (ticketing / tracking system)
• Manage progress of high priority tickets – with development team and business users
10% Documentation –
• Create, update and maintain requirements and training documentation.
• Assist with other documentation needs such as release notes, training documents and other information guides as needed.
10% Misc. activities –
• Assist or lead ad hoc projects as part of the overall program as various needs arise
• These may include supporting new programs, Data reporting, additional testing, Operations etc.
Experience and Education (Required):
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture, Dairy, MIS or related field
• 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst working on building consumer facing digital products
• Ability to synthesize complex functional requirements and develop smaller tasks to include in the backlogs
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work seamlessly with multiple business partners, both internal and external including offshore web developers
• Versatile team player comfortable with ambiguity, self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with and lead offshore development resources
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong stakeholder and team member relationship
• Ability to develop strong business relationships by building trust, rapport and excellent working partnerships with key stakeholders, team members and vendors
• Effective organization and prioritization skills to deliver solutions across multiple initiatives
• Focus on value and results driving to deadlines, financial targets, project goals, etc.
• Must be technically savvy with strong problem solving skills including the ability to analyze and break down a topic, document, and articulate said topic to team members (i.e. issues, bugs, requirements, etc.)
• Excellent requirements elicitation skills or interviewing skills including the ability to ask open-ended questions and probe for understanding
• Must be self-sufficient, proactive and able to work with little supervision
• Expert level experience working with MS Excel including complex macros etc.
• Experience working in a Dairy, Livestock or Ag industry setting (application, team, support)
• Experience with Azure DevOps or other agile project management tools
• Experience working with SQL, Power BI for data analysis
• Technical skills including Visio, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and other Microsoft office applications
On-Demand Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All wage/salary ranges are dependent on experience, educational requirements, and other job-related criteria.