Title: QA Analyst – EDW Operations
Duration: 2 Months
Work Location: Work from Home/Remote
This position is responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating, and executing activities related to the testing of company systems, databases, and user interfaces. Testing will include manual and automated test execution for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing required to meet the organization’s business requirements and strategic mission and goals while mitigating risk. Responsible for following standards and Quality Assurance best practices. The QA Analyst’s role requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills, creativity, and the ability to work with business requirements and concepts. The ability to meet quality on multiple tasks simultaneously and keep schedule commitments is essential. Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment as this role works with the business user community, technical teams, and end-users to successfully develop and implement quality changes into production.
• Collaborate with business partners, IT team leads, project leads, business analysts, end users, and third-party contacts to design, plan, execute, and validate test scenarios, scripts, or procedures to test system modifications and receive business user acceptance prior to implementation.
• Develop testing programs that address database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Design and create automated test scripts and scenarios using Selenium and C#.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screens, or content.
• Document software defects using a bug tracking system, report defects to software developers and project managers or leads, Monitor bug resolution efforts, and track successes.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product design, schedules, or potential risks.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness or to mitigate risks.
• Achieve a service-focused culture with an emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
• Comply with standards and tollgates of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans, and procedures within IT.
• Contribute to, suggest, and implement process improvements that will accomplish team, department, and business goals. Strive for efficiency, consistency, and effectiveness.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Three years of Quality Assurance testing experience.
• Experience with specific software development life cycle phases, especially requirement development analysis, test planning, and execution.
• Experience working with data queries for data mining and validation.
• Experience in translating business requirements into testing specifications and test scenarios.
• Strong analytical skills and experience with test automation.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance Best Practice methodologies.
• Knowledge of the healthcare insurance industry, including Enrollment, Billing, Claims Processing, EDI, and Amisys.
• Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL database queries.
On-Demand Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All wage/salary ranges are dependent on experience, educational requirements, and other job-related criteria.