Back to all jobs
Title: Project Manager
Location: Onsite or Hybrid
Duration: 15 Month Contract
A health maintenance organization (HMO), providing coverage of Medicaid and MinnesotaCare services through its contracts is seeking an IT project management consultant to manage all phases of a project to implement a new care management system (SaaS solution) purchased through a third-party vendor. The new care management system will replace the current care management system sunsetting by October 1, 2024. The care management system provides critical, core health plan functionality including utilization management, transportation authorization, care management, population health, appeals and grievances, analytics and reporting.
In coordination with stakeholders and the care management system vendor, the IT project management consultant will develop and execute a comprehensive project plan that defines all project deliverables (business and IT) and responsible parties; manage risks/issues/dependencies effectively and timely; communicate project status to leadership; and ensure project deliverables meet test success criteria and are met timely throughout all phases of the project. The consultant will be managing the business requirement development, test activities, and the cut over to the new system.
The IT project manager consultant, working with the organization and the care management SaaS solution vendor, will successfully manage the care management system implementation project from project kickoff to system go-live ensuring all deliverables are met timely and accurately.
High-level project deliverables include but are not limited to:
• Project initiation, system configuration, data integrations, system interfaces, testing, training, go-live and transition services.
Specific skills/experience required
One of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, management information systems (MIS), or an approved related field or field related to the business and five or more years of experience managing technology projects
• Associate’s degree in one of the above fields or approved certification in an IT program or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and seven or more years of experience managing technology projects.
• Nine or more years of experience managing technology projects.
• Health plan project management experience.
• Managing complex IT projects through all project phases; coordinating system implementation plans; providing project work direction; and project communication.
• Preparing written project proposals and project management core documents.
• Using Microsoft project, MS project server, SharePoint, Visio, and Microsoft Office.
• Communicating and consulting effectively with clients, business partners, and all levels of the organization.
On-Demand Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All wage/salary ranges are dependent on experience, educational requirements, and other job-related criteria.