Title: ERP Programmer Analyst
Duration: 6 Month CTH
Programmer/Analyst to join the IT team! Supporting the Sage 500 ERP system this position develops, implements and maintains application software to established standards and specifications. Modify acquired application software using tables, profiles and other vendor supplied customization tools to reflect approved changes specified by the users. This job is for you if…
• You are detail oriented and love bringing order and process improvements.
• You enjoy working with end users to solve issues.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy collaboration.
• Troubleshoot issues and support end users across all modules of Sage 500 ERP software.
• Evaluate requested changes to application software.
• Implement approved changes to application software to maintain current standards, correct problems, modify or enhance the existing software.
• Document new programs or changes to existing programs.
• Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, processes and completeness to achieve desired results in cooperation with end users.
• Prepare application software procedures and documentation for usage, operation, problem resolution, shutdown and initialization, and process automation in cooperation with technical support and operations staff.
• Train user and operations staff and validate the ability to use and run applications.
• Participate in the design and selection of application software to develop skills and knowledge.
• Adhere to department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Programming. Will consider Associate degrees with relevant job experience.
• Experience using one or more programming languages: SQL, Visual Basic, Crystal Reports, HTML, SSRS, SSIS, AS/400 and others.
• Expertise in software problem diagnostic tools, and other tools to implement, monitor, diagnose and maintain assigned applications.
• Knowledge of Sage 500, Infor CRM (aka. Saleslogix), or Infor XA is a plus.
• 3-5 years of programming experience.
• Good understanding of business processes and manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Able to work with end users of all skill levels.
Be results driven with solid problem solving/analysis skills.
Good communication proficiency with excellent teamwork orientation.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional, represents 1 to 33% or 1-2 hours of an 8-hour work day. Frequently, represents 34 to 66% or 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours of an 8-hour work day. Regularly, represents 67 to 100% or 6 to 8 hours of an 8-hour work day. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally must lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Required, routine travel on occasion to support manufacturing locations throughout the United States.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.