As an Advanced Product Manager, Technical Product Owner (TPO), you will be responsible for translating Product Management requirements into Engineering using Agile practices and common tooling. Specifically, you will author, organize and groom Themes, Epics and User Stories in Jira and collaborate with Engineering teams on co-authoring functional requirements via child stories. This includes increasing the innovation velocity of all programs while making tradeoff decisions on when technical debt is acceptable in the early incubation periods of developing proofs of concept and when minimum viable product commitments begin to emerge.
The Advanced Product Manager, Technical Product Owner will be a key linkage between Business Developers as early Product Managers and Engineering staff. Therefore, you will drive the creation of products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and creativity.
- The position has responsibility for the successful realization of product requirements, managing between Product Management and Engineering in diverse solutions that may span domains such as Cloud Services, IoT Edge devices, AI and more.
- The Advanced Product Manager, Technical Product Owner ensures that they work with the Product Management and Program Management in broader communications of program status and progress.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to properly manage, forecast, and deliver on requirements per Agile program increments and sprint plans.
- Manage variable and changing requirements via groomed backlogs, engineering commits and quality assurance testing (unit and system).
- Manage product related communications to both internal and external associates. In some cases support customer requirements clarification and customer pilot deployments.
- Collaboratively manage and own solution technology decisions to balance alignment with wider enterprise architectural guidelines while supporting innovation achieved through new technologies.
- Participate in Agile planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives with engineering teams to structure, drive and support product development and delivery.
- The Advanced Product Manager, Technical Product Owner work closely with internal stakeholders throughout the development process in negotiating design trade-offs that may be needed, while preserving the strategies and features intended in the Product Management requirements.
- Preferred Education: BS in Computer Science or related field Master s Degree in related technical field preferred.
- Preferred Work Experience (years): 5+ years experience, including at least 3 years as a technical product owner or leader of technical deliveries in related discipline or technology industry.
- The Technical Product Owner may have had previous job titles such as Solution Architect, Software Development Manager, Software Architect.
- Industrial Machine Vision solution, and computer vision solutions.
- Technical in nature, thrives on complex technical challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to interact with a wide array of stakeholders: from market, product and business-oriented staff to engineering, QA and Dev Ops.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and oral presentation skills as well as ability to
- effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management and other managers.
- Ability to assess complex technical landscapes and create focused, integrated product plans.
- Experience of cloud platform, computer vision and machine learning solutions is desirable.
- Attention to detail, and strong understanding of complex products and systems.
- Multi-task and manage complex programs.
- Highly creative with ability to think strategically while focused on executing daily.
- Experience and market knowledge in assigned product vertical, category or technology preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter.
- Inquisitive with a desire to seek out and learn about new technologies and market trends.
- This individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive to plan and execute well-developed plan.
- Team player with experience of motivating engineering teams to deliver on time.
- Strong planning and execution skills. Able to prioritize work to maximize value delivered.
- Knowledge and experience of the full software development life cycle and processes.
- Excellent skills in Atlassian Suite of tools, namely Jira.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.