Data and Analytics
Manager of Data Integrations
Location: Minneapolis, MN
We are looking to hire a Sr. Manager of Data Integrations for a rapidly growing SaaS FinTech that provides comprehensive, innovative, and fully integrated Business Optimization software that complements clients’ existing systems and delivers transformative ROI to their company. The company works with corporate and private equity clients on complex decisions that involve strong analysis, extensive modeling, and advanced data analytics across a wide variety of industries.
The Sr. Manager of Data Engineering will:
- Hire, attract and retain top talent, creating a cohesive culture that fosters innovation and a client service attitude. and collaboration.
- Innovate towards building performant, scalable data engineering pipelines.
- Develop measurable and actionable objectives for the data engineering team related to integration productivity and reliability.
- Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable, automated, and self-healing solutions with best practices and appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Set performance and development plans for team members. Provide regular feedback and coaching to enhance potential. Recognize team successes and challenges
- Provide oversight for an on-call support rotation.
WHAT IT TAKES
This role demands passion, drive, and innovation for the data engineering space. We are looking to hire for a scaling company in the FinTech space – we care about results and are all eager to jump in and get our hands dirty. Important competencies to effectively perform this role include:
- Building and leading a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great client acumen and good working knowledge of financial and operational business data.
- Solution-oriented problem-solving.
- A willingness and desire to take ownership of the data engineering function.
- To succeed in this role, The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in debugging, support, and data analysis, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
WHAT YOUR RESUME SHOWS
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill sets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change, and a passion for learning and creating. Some of the things you might bring to the role include:
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, MIS, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the Data Integration / Engineering space
- 4+ years leading/managing/building a team
- Domain expertise in ETL/ELT data ingestion patterns and processing across a wide array of data sources and Toolsets
- Solid understanding of data engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops
- Experience using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, etc
- Solid experience operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirements
- Experience with Azure Cloud PaaS data services, Preferably in Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, SQL Server, Azure Data Lake
- Significant Data Engineering Experience using large data systems on T-SQL, and/or Python
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.