Title: Lead Web Developer
Location: Local to Minnesota
To lead internal and external teams which develop and support the E-Commerce sales channel of the Company.
Major areas of accountability:
- Provides day-to-day direction to ensure the team understands and executes the strategic direction of the organization.
- Provides the leadership & structure to ensure technology solutions are accurate, on-time, and meet the needs of business and customers by managing resources, coordinating projects, and participating in the Agile ceremonies with the development team.
- Leads through example on complex development tasks.
- Leads code review activities and is responsible for approving code in the workflow.
- Reports on the team and individual effectiveness using KPIs and standard Agile sprint metrics. Performs continuous improvement activities around the metrics.
- Empower the team to be Agile and to use Agile best practices.
- Works closely with the UX Product Owner and other cross-functional teams to plan for the execution of road map initiatives. Prioritizes technology-focused stories in conjunction with the Product Owner.
- Calculates and enters time for Enterprise Project Management resource planning.
- Leads task estimation work, ensuring estimates are as accurate for project and backlog work.
- Ensures solutions are resilient, scalable, and performant.
- Ensures the right level of documentation is produced for all project work.
- Works with Application Admin team to schedule releases. Creates Change Requests to support team deployment activities. Leads release activities.
- Prioritizes support requests. Ensures timely resolution.
- Provides on-call scheduling and is responsible for on-call issue escalation.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 2 years of leadership experience on a software development team
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- At least 5 years of related development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX based operating systems such as Red Hat Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent grasp of effective IT operations procedures and methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and Project
- Knowledgeable with Agile processes and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and others
- Dependable and handles pressure well
- Multitasking and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple efforts simultaneously
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.