Title: IT Business Analyst
Duration: 3 Months
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
This position is responsible for understanding stakeholder needs and the business issues to be addressed. Collaborate with the business and technical stakeholders to define needs and ensure understanding. Responsible for the discovery, analysis, and documentation of business requirements. Decompose business requirements to create functional specifications for development.
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Owners, Team Members, Vendors, and Subject Matter Experts to understand the business problem that needs to be solved. Gather, document, and confirm business requirements. Contribute to the team’s accomplishments by completing assigned tasks.
- Analyze and decompose complex business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements. Fulfill the role of subject matter expert in functional requirement elicitation. Create informative, actionable, and repeatable requirements that are relevant.
- Create User Stories and develop Acceptance Criteria when using Agile methodology.
- Initiate and facilitate communication and meetings with business and IT stakeholders.
- Develop use cases as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams. Document current & future state assessments. Perform gap analysis and any other documentation that will assist in the understanding of the business need. Make use of workflows, charts, and diagrams to more fully describe business issues.
- Oversee the development of the solutions to the identified problems.
- Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents, and other technical reports. Prepare user documentation when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business
- Four years of relevant work experience as an IT Business Analyst/ Business Systems Analyst or Functional Analyst.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle.
- A demonstrable track record of successful requirements documentation.
- Experience in performing simple SQL queries in either MS SQL or Oracle.
- Experience in health care or managed care.
- Experience with Project Lifecycles.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.