Title: Director of Retail Technology
Lead the innovation, implementation, and ongoing optimization of all retail technologies used across the company brand. Test and implement new technologies that ensure the ability to lead and dominate the burger and milkshake segment of the restaurant industry.
Ensure that retail technologies support and maximize operational and financial processes needed to run a successful restaurant. Direct vendors to deliver hardware and software solutions that are stable, impactful, and as easy to use as possible.
Identify systemic issues impacting hardware performance, integrations, and help desk support practices. Identify and implement continuous improvement measures that enhance these measures.
• Continuously analyze and assess industry best practices to develop short- and long-range plans for retail technology implementation, support, and maintenance
• Interface with cross-functional teammates to understand retail technology needs and opportunities for improvement and to ensure that department leaders have an appropriate and relevant understanding of current and future technology platforms
• Lead assessment, testing, and launch of new retail technologies. Work with organizational teammates to maximize readiness for and deployment of new technologies at store locations
• Lead development and implementation of solutions that improve any technology performance issues that impact day-to-day business operations at store locations
• Work with vendors to ensure that hardware and software support services are effective and meet service-level agreements
• Manage business reporting and periodic business reviews with vendors that are used to determine and improve vendor performance
• Lead communication efforts that relate to retail technology rollouts, support practices, and ongoing changes to technology platforms, including communication with the Field Team, franchise partners, and traditional franchisees
• Guide and support project management processes that are used to test and launch new technologies
Skills Required for Successful Candidate:
· 5+ years of retail technology leadership and management is preferred
· Knowledge and application of retail technologies in a quick-service restaurant environment are strongly preferred
· Substantial knowledge of current POS technology stack, mobile app, and similar digital technologies
· Experience with developing, testing, and launching a new technology stack across a restaurant or retail concept is strongly preferred
· Active knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and cutting-edge retail technologies
· Strong network connections with various POS, network, and digital platform vendors are strongly preferred
· Knowledge of project management methodologies and effective use of project tracking systems is a plus
· Ability to explain complex systems in a simple manner to corporate personnel across the organization
· Highly detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple priorities at the same time
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to diverse audiences
• Collaborative, team-oriented, positive attitude
• Self-starter and able to perform with minimal oversight
• Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
On-Demand Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All wage/salary ranges are dependent on experience, educational requirements, and other job-related criteria.