Digital Product Owner
Duration: This position is currently approved through the end of 2023, however there is a strong likelihood of extension or FTE conversion in 2023/2024.
Location: The ideal candidate would live near Minneapolis, MN or Madison, WI – however candidates will also be considered from the following approved states: AZ, AK, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, KS, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, NV, OK, SD, TN, TX, WI.
We are seeking a strong, collaborative Digital Product Owner to lead the implementation our Individual and Family segment for clients four brands on their current member portal, working in partnership with two additional SCRUM teams who own the Sitecore and Member Portal platforms. Healthcare can be overwhelming to many, and we have the opportunity to deliver personalized, valuable interactions to help our members make the best decisions for themselves and their families. This role will be responsible for assisting with developing the vision and associated roadmap for additional enhancements for Health IFB member portal experience.
Our ideal Product Owner cares deeply about creating digital experiences that exceed member expectations and help them feel more confident in their health plan selection. In addition, we are seeking someone with a growth mindset that can effectively translate business needs into higher consumer adoption, engagement, sales and lower cost to serve.
The contractor will love this job if they are excited about building a world-class digital experience, partnering with key stakeholders across the enterprise to prioritize core digital experiences that push the boundaries of what is considered traditional health plan capabilities. They will fit in if they are excited about using data to create smarter features that will lead to thoughtful personalized experiences.
As a Digital Product Owner, the contractor will be looked at as the subject matter expert for digital experiences that increase member health and wellbeing. They will be expected to be not just comfortable with technology and data but have strong ability to draw insights and trends. They will be expected to be on top of the external competitive landscape that is driving consumer digital expectations. Lastly, they will need to be able to communicate effectively within a large organization to make sure the support from various stakeholders exist and their needs are addressed.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Communicate and collaborate on vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Strong experience and comfort working with technology teams
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional team to define KPI’s and measures of success for features and functionality, measure and adapt backlog and additional feature enhancements based on KPI’s and consumer insights.
- Work closely with Product leadership to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI, full lifecycle support for product – from new features and enhancements to ongoing run state support
- Decompose features into detailed and well written user stories that effectively translate into a detailed plan which the scrum team will use to turn business requests into functionality that drives business value
- Lead SCRUM teams as the Product Owner, leading the agile ceremonies (backlog refinement, sprint planning, PI planning, etc.)
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Have a growth mindset and a passion for developing and maturing agile practices and product teams
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Previous working experience as a technology and CX Product Owner for 7+ years or related experience
- Bachelors in relevant focus area (e.g. Business, Marketing, Engineering)
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles required
- SCRUM certifications & formal Agile and Product Owner training is preferred
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in trouble shooting technology issues
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Content Management expertise, with a platform such as Sitecore is desired
- Experience working in Health Care is preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.