Data and Analytics
Contract to Hire
Under minimal direction, the SQL Developer will design, develop, maintain, monitor, secure, and performance tune both in-house and third-party purchased databases, reports and jobs using requisite SQL tools. This role will work closely with Business Analysts, Application Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts to produce optimal and secure database solutions which align to organizational needs. The DBA is a self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative and remote environment. This role will mainly maintain legacy systems in a secure fashion.
• Design, create, unit test, implement and document all database objects to support applications (in-house and third party) as outlined by the Data Architecture Standards and Database Development Standards.
• Work with Business Analysts to understand user requirements and collaborate with technical peers to ensure well thought-out design.
• Meet with requestor to discuss design concept(s) to ensure solution meets desired outcome, as needed.
• Quality work throughout the SDLC is a priority.
• Manages File integrations
o GoAnywhere – SFTP development and support
• Provide DBA services to the Application Development Team (Familiarity with Stored Procedures and Function development)
• Using good practice during database development and also post implementation, assess database performance through available SQL Analysis tools and tune where needed.
• Plan for capacity and data recovery.
• Utilize good data security practices, approved tools and methods when handling data.
• Security throughout the system is a priority.
• Triage and address trouble-tickets as assigned based on priority.
• Update tickets with pertinent information prior to completion.
• Monitor SQL jobs to ensure successful completion and address exceptions in a timely manner.
• Fulfill DBA ticket requests – shared responsibility with Lead DBA
• Answers DBA and data related questions
• B.A. or B.S. Degree in IS, IT or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 4+ years of Database (SQL, Oracle) Development experience (queries, stored procedures, reports).
• 2+ years of Database Administration experience (database design, configuration, capacity planning)
• Solid experience creating complex queries using Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Experience tuning a database(s) and monitoring performance/jobs
• Experience mapping data from source to target, including data transformation that must occur
• Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tool data modelling preferred
• Experience with Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tools preferred
• Experience defining database structure, security, back-up, recovery and monitoring
• Ability to create data design flow documentation as well as produce Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) for team member consumption and review
• Uphold and follow Data Development Standards and good Database practices
• Provide input and recommendation for Data Development Standards
• Solid experience in Microsoft SQL Server
• Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends, as necessary to support systems and projects
• Ability to educate peers and users on various data-related entities, as needed
• Ability to effectively manage workload based on ticket load and business priorities
• DBA certification is a plus
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.