Data and Analytics
Title: Data Developer
Location: Southern, MN
We are adding a Data Developer to influence the direction of data modernization for our operations. This person will work closely with our data architects, application architects, and data engineers to gather, manage, transfer, manipulate, or integrate data to ensure an exceptional basis for insights. You will be a part of a tight-knit technical team, giving you the opportunity to constantly grow your development among top technical talent. We are looking for a hard worker with a team-oriented mindset, that has at least 5 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of writing and optimizing SQL queries, views, functions, and stored procedures, with an understanding of cloud data integration tools and data warehousing.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, demonstrating both professional and management capabilities, and extensive experience in collecting business requirements from customers and transforming those requirements into business solutions are strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL
- ETL technologies, Kafka streams, MQTT, SSIS, Tableau, Qlik Replicate, Business Objects
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server. A Plus: SnowFlake, Oracle, MySQL, Graph Databases
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, monitoring, and maintenance of data integration and processing tools and pipelines
- Implementation of high-capacity, real-time data streaming technologies
- Data analysis and visualization tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Superset, Graphana)
- Provide support, and guidance and collaborate with Application Developers to implement database design.
- Write SQL/procedures to fulfill Business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purposes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Expertise using one/more scalable relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, ElasticSearch, SQL Server, and Snowflake data warehouse for advanced analytics
- Working with a relational database management system as a developer preferred.
- Experience with Data Warehousing is a plus.
- Strong understanding of unit testing and methodologies
- Strong expertise in Creating Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Triggers, Indexes, Views, and User Profiles using Transact SQL. Knowledge of SSIS packages is a plus
- Strong background in Data Quality
- Excellence in interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills is a must.
- Strong ability to anticipate and communicate potential problems while determining solutions through written, visual, and verbal communications.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.