Title: D365 Application Solution Architect
Location: Local to Minnesota
To own technical solutions of Enterprise Application engagements leveraging the company’s development standards to align with business and technical strategies.
Major areas of accountability:
- Provides technical direction and support to strategic enterprise systems developers (internal and external.)
- Acts as “Tech Lead” for complex application development projects with significant bottom-line impact.
- Documents best practices and creates development resources that can be used/reused by other developers.
- Provides input to Enterprise Architecture that helps build reference architecture, frameworks, and toolkits to drive the scale of adoption in the ecosystem.
- Ensures that enterprise architecture guidelines and recommendations are followed and bridges gaps directly with enterprise architecture.
- Ensures that project teams follow enterprise architecture processes to include technical reviews and enterprise technical recommendations.
- Develops presentations and demonstrations of new applications and technologies for the Information Technology (IT) department and technical partners/vendors.
- Delivers persuasive, high-quality presentations to senior IT decision-makers when introducing new or changing technologies/applications.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of enterprise software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations as they relate to the systems.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design, and integration to develop enterprise-level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions, and features.
- Determines specifications, then plans and designs the most complex and business-critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes.
- Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code development and reuse.
- Oversees or consults on application architecture implementation and modification activities, particularly for new and/or shared enterprise application solutions.
- Provides expertise to IT and business stakeholders regarding the integration of enterprise applications across the business during project analysis and design.
- Monitors emerging industry standards to determine the impact on enterprise application architecture.
- Develops and maintains a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the Enterprise Architect).
- Coordinates solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Works closely with the enterprise portfolio management office (PMO) / project office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or a related field. A Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- At least 10 years of strong application development experience; specifically, expertise in JAVA and .NET
- Deep experience with Dynamics D365 required.
- At least 7 years of experience mentoring and building/maintaining developer relations and skillsets.
- At least 5 years of Solution or Enterprise Architecture experience.
- At least 5 years of omnichannel experience in application and technical roles.
- At least 5 years enterprise project technical implementation/consulting experience (Tech Lead).
- Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies
- Extensive experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, or create/read/update/delete matrices).
- Knowledge of all components of application architecture.
- High-level understanding of relational database management systems and other data structures.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Information/Data architecture.
- Understanding of SOA and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills through influencing.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the fiscal impact of architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Some travel may be required (<10%).
- Azure DevOps (Repos using Git, Pipelines and CI/CD, Releases Management, Test Plans, Boards)
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Function Apps
- Azure API Management
- Azure Power Apps
- SSRS Development
- Dynamics 365 extensions development
- Dynamics 365 system admin
- Dynamics 365 ISV integrations (MediusFlow, RF Smart, SK Global)
- Informatica IICS Application and Data Integration development
- ELK Stack (Elastic Search, File Beats, Kibana)
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Data Factory v2
- Microsoft Storage accounts/Data Lakes
- Visual Studio 2019 development including (Azure Function Apps, Logic Apps)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.