Title: Cloud Operations Engineer
Duration: 10 Months
Location: Local Preferred, Open to 100% Remote if not in MN
The Cloud Operations Engineer – works with a team of skilled staff to implement, monitor, maintain, and support technical systems, with specific expertise in Azure Cloud Services – Initially focused on DQ’s Web and Mobile Application / Digital presence. They are a technical resource to IT Service Desk staff and other Systems Engineers, sharing responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance and support of the company’s global infrastructure.
The Cloud Operations Engineer also participates in various cross-functional team projects, including the planning, designing, and implementing of new/updates to existing Cloud components, authentication, and end-user/endpoint security.
Administration and Optimization
• Provide necessary documentation for all applications and systems.
• Provide off-hours support, as needed, to support product updates and equipment upgrades and address technical issues.
• Assist team with Cloud, Active Directory, and M365 tenant-level settings and management.
• System Improvements
• Engineering Team Support
• Provision Resources as directed.
• Automation / Pipelines
• Azure Front Door and Sentinel Configurations
• Ensure all environments are kept current and consistent with increased reliability and quality of continuous integration and deployment efforts.
Monitoring and Rapid Response
• Monitor Cloud Services, Systems, and Cybersecurity
• Event Response – respond to and report systems failures and security events
• Reliability and Performance
• Leverage and Improve visibility to all systems and servers, including logging, dashboards, and end-to-end monitoring tools.
• Utilize Azure Front Door and Sentinel to verify malicious traffic and manage Incident Response playbooks.
• Off Hours of response and support for High severity incidents
• Maintain technical documentation for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
• Recommend and perform cloud configuration adjustments to solve problems.
• Partner/coordinate closely with Cloud Solutions Architect, key partners, and Digital Program teams to ensure site reliability, performance, and security.
• Support and follow Change Coordination and Management processes.
• Identify and bring forward improvement ideas.
• Continually look to improve and refine the IS infrastructure services delivered to the business globally.
• Maintain knowledge of emerging technology.
• Help define and meet SLA requirements for infrastructure components.
• Contribute technical skills, industry experience, and best practices to the rest of the team, driving change.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related/applicable field(s) is preferred but not required.
• 2-3 + Years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Administrator
• 1-2 years of experience with Azure
• Familiarity with Azure Front Door, Sentinel
• Demonstrated success in developing and deploying enterprise-level solutions.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Advanced computer skills, good written and oral communication skills
• The ability to travel as required (<10%)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This serves as notice per Iowa drug testing notification laws; applicants that reside in Iowa are subject to drug testing.