Agile Project Manager supporting Data Engineering Org
Fully remote – CST hours
- Project and/or Program Mgmt. experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong planning skills – schedule and scope management, resource planning, issue tracking
- PMP certified a nice to have
- Experience with waterfall and agile/scrum project management methodologies
Our client’s Data & Analytics Organization works with business leaders and analysts across the enterprise to drive optimized strategy using data. The Agile Project Manager will work with internal customers to understand business problems; create, refine, and prioritize the product backlog containing user stories; elicit and document software and data requirements; and develop and validate solutions for Agile team members on a day-to-day basis.
The Agile Project Manager is a critical team member to the Data Engineering team that focuses on ingesting data from many sources into the data warehouse. The data warehouse is the data source for analytics activities across the company. The Project Manager will interface with team members across the data engineering team. The Project Manager uses his/her toolbox of Agile practices and Project Management processes to predictably produce high-quality software releases. The Project Manager is part of a leadership team that drives process improvements, especially Agile improvements, across the entire Data Engineering Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Director to identify and prioritize team projects.
- Roadmap Management: Work with Product Owners and Director of Data Engineering to document Annual Planning and project proposal roadmaps. Work with business analysts and scrum masters to define and report on high level implementation roadmaps.
- Project Reporting: Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues all resulting on a cohesive system of project governance
- Agile Cadence Definition and Support: Work with Scrum Masters to define, implement and lead some agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Project Intake: Work with Product Owners and Director of Data Engineering to manage walk-on work through a defined process. Coordinate with Business Analysts to scope impact to the product plan. Assist with communications to stakeholders when changes are made to the product plan.
- Develop strong relationships with all data science and engineering, development, internal groups, and customers to ensure timely and effective delivery of software and data features and defect resolution.
Skills & Knowledge:
- 5 or more years’ experience in an agile project management role partnering with scrum masters.
- 5 or more years’ experience delivering software management and control artifacts in an agile environment.
- Formal Scrum and/or Project Management training
- Demonstrated application of strong market awareness and customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage complex development projects in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong planning skills – schedules, resource allocation, issue management, tracking, etc
- Strong desire to help improve processes
- Naturally curious and creative problem solver with experience working in an agile environment.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Data Management and Analytics teams.
- Experience with data management tools and strategies.
- Knowledge of data engineering and data science principles and practices.
On-Demand Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All wage/salary ranges are dependent on experience, educational requirements, and other job-related criteria.